Sales cover letter sample
View this sample cover letter for a sales representative, or download the sales cover letter template in Word.
As a sales representative, you need to be persuasive in order to seal the deal—that includes when you want to get a job. Your cover letter should demonstrate your skills and experience, as well as your passion for your work. To be considered for top sales jobs, it helps to have a well-crafted cover letter. For writing tips, view this sample cover letter for a sales representative, or download the sales cover letter template in Word.
Additionally, you can learn about sales careers and search for sales jobs on Monster.
Sales representative cover letter template
Sometown, FL 55555 | 555-555-5555 | email@example.com
July 27, 2017
Ms. Rita Jones
VP of Sales
55 East Second Street
Sometown, FL 55555
Re: Territory Sales Manager, Advertised on Monster
Dear Ms. Jones:
As your next territory sales manager, my focus and energy will be directed toward achieving the same multimillion-dollar growth for your southeast territory that I have delivered for my current and former employers.
I am a dedicated sales professional with experience propelling my assigned regions to record-setting revenue results. I oversee top-producing salesforces; multi-state territories; and retail, wholesale and distributer channels.
In my present role as sales territory manager at XYZ Company as well as in earlier sales positions, I have consistently met or exceeded quotas and expectations. For example, I have:
- Closed $6.8M in 2017 (20% above goal) to achieve a new territory record in overall sales volume at XYZ Company.
- Ranked in the top 5% of sales professionals company-wide throughout my career, including #1 revenue and market-share honors out of 100 colleagues nationwide during my tenure with DEF Company.
- Expanded account base by 23% during a time when industry sales declined by 10%.
Regarded as an expert in consultative sales, account management and salesforce development, I am driven to sell, enjoy teaching others how to sell and take pride in serving my customers and channel partners with excellence.
I look forward to discussing plans for generating new business opportunities within ABC’s southeast territory, and I have some ideas I would like to share with you. The best way to reach me is my cell (555-555-5555) or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your time!
Starting a career in sales? Make sure your resume conveys your key competencies and motivation to succeed. For inspiration, view the sample resume below, and download the entry-level sales professional resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's partner TopResume.
Additionally, you can learn more about sales careers on Monster.
Entry-Level Sales Professional resume template
Sometown, FL 55555 | (555) 555-5555 | LinkedIn URL | email@example.com
Entry-Level Sales / Business Development Professional
Honors student at ABC College’s communications program — highly motivated to launch professional sales career. Excellent interpersonal, communication and relationship-building skills. Listen attentively, communicate persuasively and follow through diligently.
ABC COLLEGE, Sometown, FL
BA in Communications (in-progress), GPA: 3.75
- Awards & Honors: Student Achievement Scholarship; Communications Honor Society; Frederick McMillan Award for Academic Excellence
- Volunteerism: Save the Children; Tutor, Miami Family Shelter; Crisis Line Staff, Women’s Center
Work Experience (concurrent with college studies)
Bartender, 2015 to Present ABC RESTAURANT AND LOUNGE, Sometown, FL
Handle the setup, service and daily operations of bar serving an international clientele, tourists and business travelers. Enter orders into POS system; prepare daily sales reports for management; complete monthly inventory; and perform heavy cash-handling and reconciliation functions.
- Earned commendations for exemplary service delivery (average of 100 guests per shift). Singled out on comment cards for “going above and beyond” and “providing outstanding service and attention to guests.”
- Established positive rapport with customers, upsold products and built a loyal clientele.
- Selected and streamlined bar products based on analysis of consumption and sales, resulting in superior inventory and selection for guests.
- Developed floor plans for auxiliary bars used for large private parties. Outcomes included faster service, improved efficiency and enhanced guest satisfaction.
Server / Bartender, 2014 to 2015 DEF HOTEL, Sometown, FL
Served food and beverages at a luxury, historic hotel. Anticipated and met guests’ needs while working efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Achieved the highest per-night sales averages (out of 10+ servers) by upselling orders and suggesting add-ons/extras to meals.
- Proved the ability to multitask, handle crowds of up to 350 people, resolve customer issues and excel within a demanding, high-volume setting.
Available to Relocate Nationwide