Operation Manager Cover Letter
Operation Managers are responsible for planning and coordinating operations in an organization with the purpose of improving productivity and efficiency. This is a complex role, including a variety of responsibilities, such as supervision, budgeting, human resources, production, marketing, sales, and customer service. Operation Managers complete tasks such as developing budgets, maintaining inventories, implementing new technologies, finding ways to reduce costs, and overseeing quality assurance programs.
A sample cover letter for Operation Manager usually highlights the following qualifications:
- Business environment knowledge
- Familiarity with organization procedures
- Planning and organization
- Critical thinking
- Problem-solving orientation
- Communication and networking
- Negotiation and conflict management
- Stress tolerance
- Computer competences
Comparable Operation Manager skills are presented in the cover letter example displayed below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Operation Manager Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Wright:
With the enclosed resume, I would like to express my sincere interest in the Operation Manager position you have available. As a highly skilled and successful leader with comprehensive experience coordinating personnel, equipment, resources, and general logistics while ensuring stringent compliance to regulations, I possess a wide range of knowledge and skills that will allow me to contribute toward the success of your company.
My expertise lies in successfully managing operational processes, developing best practices, planning inventory, monitoring equipment and personnel logistical activities, and leveraging internal systems to facilitate improved efficiency and performance. Through my more than 12 years of experience, I have become adept in ensuring adherence to organizational goals and requirements while facilitating streamlined logistical operations and motivating team members to peak performance levels.
The following achievements demonstrate my qualification for this position:
- Achieving a record of success in managing strategic logistics / operational planning and execution, mentoring high-performing personnel, overseeing fiscal and budget responsibilities, and maintaining accountability for up to $4.75M worth of equipment.
- Spearheading resource allocation, regulatory compliance, purchasing and procurement, data analysis, records management, and overarching operations to achieve deadlines and requirements.
- Continually improving internal processes and procedures to boost efficiency, reduce costs, and ensure seamless operations.
- Overseeing all facets of special projects from inception through execution, identifying and securing necessary resources, equipment, and staff to meet project deadline and budgetary requirements.
- Earning a Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration & Management from the University of Toledo.
My proven ability to optimize operations and team success—along with my solid skills in problem solving, critical decision making, and communication—will contribute immensely to the success of your company. Thank you for your consideration; I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Daniel B. Burlee
12 Adelaide Rd
Swearengen SA 5725
T: 08 4444 4444
M: 0400 000 000
I would like to apply for the Operations Manager position advertised recently on SEEK.
I am a goal-oriented operations manager with nine years’ broad senior management experience in assisting companies to maximise efficiency and achieve sustainable growth.
I have a demonstrated ability to deliver on productivity goals, increase efficiencies and maintain product quality. In my current role at Source Fuels I manage over 60 factory floor staff, overseeing budgetary, OH&S and industrial relations issues. I have a professional reputation for meeting and exceeding KPIs and have developed and delivered successful strategies to reduce warehouse costs by 18 per cent and increase DIFOT to above 95 per cent.
My qualifications in management have enhanced my ability to carry out these functions, but I believe it is my interpersonal skills that have driven my success in fostering strong workplace processes and supplier relationships. I also possess a high level of computer literacy and have managed projects that required solid IT skills. My role with Tranz Port required the consolidation of digital financial and personnel systems for more effective operations.
My leadership experience with mid-sized manufacturing and logistics organisations such as Tranz Port, Oblivion and Source Fuels has allowed me to develop sound productivity strategies to meet differing requirements. I lead by example and approach all my work with energy and enthusiasm, and I look forward to utilising my skills in a new and challenging setting.
I would welcome the opportunity to discuss my qualifications and experience with you in further detail.