1) Personal reflective essay on mountaineering and overcoming a fear of heights. 1000 words.
2) Creative essay about a conflict between two sisters. 1000 words.
3) Discursive essay about Formula 1 racing safety. Fully referenced. 1000 words.
4) Creative essay (1300 words), which explores the ethics of drug use as part of a short story.
5) Creative essay re. reflections on the banking crisis. 1100 words.
6) Personal reflective essay about gymnastics. 1300 words.
7) Discursive Essay Rehabilitation vs Retribution. 900 words
8) Discursive Essay: women serving on the front lines. 1300 words.
9) Creative essay (1300 words) inspired by 'The Great Gatsby'.
10) Creative essay. Short story called 'SPQR' set in ancient Rome. 1000 words.
11) Discursive essay: academic pressures on students. 1200 words.
12) Discursive essay on the subject of the pros and cons of participation in extreme sports and whether they should be made illegal. 1000 words. Full references are included.
13) Personal reflective essay: peer pressure and consumerism at Christmas. 850 words.
14) Personal reflective essay: the impact of divorce. 1300 words.
15) Personal reflective essay: the film 'Mississippi Burning'. 1000 words.
16) Persuasive essay: swearing. 1000 words.
17) Persuasive essay: bullying. 1000 words.
18) Persuasive essay: making Music studies a compulsory subject in schools. 1300 words.
19) Persuasive essay: Moon landing conspiracy theories. 1300 words.
20) Persuasive essay (1000 words) on the topic of food waste.
21) Persuasive essay on head coverings worn in public (1300 words).
22) Persuasive essay which argues against undertaking cosmetic surgery. Approx. 1000 words.
23) Persuasive essay arguing against animal testing. 1000 words.
24) Persuasive essay on comparing the merits of fiction with journalism. 1300 words.
25) Discursive essay: LGBTQ issues. 1000 words.
26) Reflective essay on depression and grief. 1000 words.
27) Reflective essay on growing up in Mauritius. 950 words.
28) Reflective essay: ambitions. 950 words.
29) Discursive wild animals as pets. 1000 words.
30) Reflective essay: sibling rivalry. 1400 words.
31) Reflective essay: alcohol. 1100 words.
32) Persuasive essay: banning zoos. 1000 words.
33) Discursive essay: genetic engineering. 1200 words.
34) Discursive: Welfare State / Benefits. 1000 words.
35) Discursive: Population Control and One Child Policy. 1000 words.
15 Reflective Essay Topic Ideas Worth A Discussion
A reflective essay is one that explores someone’s personal insight on a particular topic. You want to describe the event, experience or moment in life and then explain that experiences or what you learned from it. The first thing to help write a great reflective essay is to make an outline. By making an outline can organize your ideas into paragraphs.
An outline breaks down your essay into sections:
This is where you will present your topic and then work towards your thesis. The thesis is the main part of the paper. It is usually one or two sentences in length and it lets the reader know what the paper is about. You can give a little background information to set the scene.
- Body Paragraph I
- Body Paragraph II
- Body Paragraph III
An experience or event that effected you
The effects of the experience or event on you or others
What you learned from the experience or event
By laying out your essay like this first it makes it easier to rearrange your ideas to better express your point. By organizing your essay like this it makes the writing process a lot faster and easier because you don’t have to think about what to write next because you’ve already done so.
Reflective Essay Topics
- Watching lighting late at night.
- High school experience you can’t forget.
- Event that broke my heart.
- The most challenging homework task you ever had to do.
- The moment you realized you were in love with someone.
- The day my sister/brother was born
- My children are my purpose for living.
- Why I still love my high school sweetheart.
- The little thing that I will do to make the world a better place
- My special qualities that make me stand out in a crowd of people.
- Why I’m not the same person I was when I was younger.
- How I’m working towards leaving a great legacy.
- Methods of dealing with increased crime in your country.
- The value of adult education in a society
- What role has education played on your personality?
This essay reflects on a past experience that you have had. You will want to let your reader relive the experience so that you can get an idea of what you went through.