Distance and Open / online Learning Management Programs ::
Indian Institute of Commerce and Trade (IICT), Lucknow offer autonomous Distance / Online 2 year MBA (Foreign Trade) ,MBA (Finance ),MBA (Marketing),MBA (HRD),MBA (Pharma Marketing ),MBA (Tourism ),MBA (Software Marketing ),MBA (Hospital Management),MBA (Insurance management), MBA (Banking) ,MBA (IT),MBA (Operations Management), MBA (Services Marketing), MBA ( Hospitality management) 1 year Post graduate Diploma / 6 month Advance Diploma and 4 month Diploma , through correspondence / Distance Education, Fee Concession Category Mode in the field of Management , Foreign Trade ,Export Management, Marketing and Sales, Finance,HRD, Tourism, Software Marketing, Pharmaceutical Marketing,Insurance,Hospital management , Health Care ,Retail Management, CRM etc. More..
Study Material and assignments are sent to students through post /courier. Students are not required to attend the Institute at IICT Lucknow. There are three modes of Examination. Student are required to opt for any one
1) Centre Examination :Examination of all the courses is normally held at Lucknow Centre. Examinations are also held at the authorised IICT examination centres throughout India subject to the availability of sufficient number of examinees at the given place.
2) Online Examination for the benefit of the IICT students the examinations can be administered “online”. Students of distance learning mode can take “online” examination anywhere in the world using a computer with Internet access. Effective use of online examination method can help distance learning mode students in numerous ways :
- Cost: It is in the interest of distance learning mode students so as to save upon traveling cost, time & energy.
- Easy to use: Easy to use and students may give the exam from anywhere in the world using a computer with an internet facility. (They can appear in the exam even from a cyber cafe in there city)
- Question: Questions are convenient to answer for the students, as they are in Objective/ Multiple choice form.
- *Result : The examinee can know the result as soon as he completes the exam. (*condition apply)
Instructions for appearing in the online examination :
- You are advised to contact the institute before taking an online examination.
- To access the online exam you require a USER NAME and PASSWORD, Which will be assigned to you by the institute on submission of your examination form and the examination fee as instructed by the institute.
- The user name & password will allow you to access the examination on the days and time allotted to you.
3)Assignment Based Postal Examination: For such students who can't avail either centre examination or online examination ,Institute has provision for assignment based postal term end examination also. Under this scheme, term end assignments (For Term End Examination) are sent to the student (under confidential cover) as per term end examination schedule given in the admission letter. These are to be completed/answered and the response-sheets returned to the Institute with in the given time.
In the absence of any express option, it is believed that student has opted for assignment based postal term end examination system.
Students are advised to despatch the response sheets to the Institute by registered post/courier to ensure their timely receipt.
Students may submit response sheets of assignments /term end examinations of all subjects together or may submit in parts followed by the submission of remaining assignments/respnose sheets with in the specified time.
If a student is not in a position to take the term end examination as per examination schedule and want to get it rescheduled (prepone or postpone), may inform the Institute accordingly with a fee @ Rs 250/- one month in advance to avoid penalty of re-examination fee so that his/her session/semester is re-scheduled accordingly and examination arranged as per request. No preponement is permitted in case of fast track system.
Assignments: Students will be required to respond to the questions (based on study material issued to the student) given in the assignments (A1 and A2) within the date of submission specified on the body of the assignments. In case of late submission of assignment/assignments, a nominal late fee @ Rs. 50/- per assignment is required to be sent/deposited while submitting solved assignments.
Examination Fee: Examination fee is charged @ Rs. 200/- per subject. (a) Those opting for Lumpsum fee , shall pay exam fee of all subjects at the time of admission . (b) Those opting for instalment scheme shall pay exam fee for each semester with their respective instalment.
Re-Examination:Any student who fails to qualify a given paper, can rewrite the same on payment of re-examination fee @ Rs. 200/- for each such paper.Weightage of Assignments and Examinations:Periodical assignments (A1 and A2) carry a weightage of 40% marks and term end examination/assignments carry a weightage of 60% marks. The marks obtained in A1 and A2 assignments and term end examination/assignments will be merged and the result will be awarded on the composite score. It is compulsory to submit A1 (Essay Type) and A2 (Objective Type) assignments as per schedule.
Self assessment exercises:Self assessment exercises are given in the end of each chapter of the study material issued by the Institute. Students are expected to exercise all statements for their self appraisal about the subject. These are not be sent to the Institute.
Re-schedule of Semesters: Semesters are likely to be re-scheduled if a student fails to adhere to the semester, examination and fee schedule initially intimated to him in the admission letter and pay reschedule fee @ Rs 200/- per semester.